Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Projects a many!

I hope that most everyone had a Happy Memorial Day Weekend...
I realize that I am a bit behind...

I have been working on keeping my garden watered and plucked free of tomatoes and Zucchini..  I am doing a little replanting of my hanging baskets among other projects...


But, Hooray, The plans of extending the backyard has started to commence.. We have an amazing amount of projects... I can't wait to see the end result..  Photos will be endless, on all projects..

The soil is nothing to right home about!

The soil is so incredibly nasty. We can't do much with it..  I mean look at it! It is nothing but caliche mud!! ERRR!  But that's okay cuz' we are amending it! Maybe?
But instead of extending the wall, this area is going to be the secret garden, minus the secret. Hahaha!

We decided using these shrubs that the hummingbirds love so much as "our wall,"
called Orange Jubilee! It reminds me of the honeysuckle, of course it isn't!

It won't take long for them to fill in and grow tall! Hence the "secret" garden, know one will be able to tell that the garden  is there until they turn the corner!! (it will be more of an area for sitting and enjoying than  gardening!)



My cucumbers still haven't produced... ???





Everything else is so very happy.



I read that cutting back my tomatoes in mid July, to about a foot high should produce some new growth and blossoms in September... I certainly will be trying that...


Peanut and butter are up to their ol' antics...

Peanut being to curious!

Butter checkin out the harvest!

also being too cute!

Piglet just lounging!

More to come soon!

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain