Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sweaty, Humid Gardens!

   


   
     I woke-up to this one morning after a night of storms. It was amazing... The doves were all sitting so still, like they were in awe of the sight too.. But really they were impatient for the morning seed so freely given to them... lol..

     I don't know if you can see it, but it is a double rainbow... it was stunning... I wish that I can see that every morning...

   
     But.... then, I glanced around to see the garden and look what the winds did to it...


     Limbs were broke and laying on the ground, like it was all in the scheme of things... but maybe it was for the better for the simple thing of making the plant some what more healthy... you know get rid of the weak and keep the strong... thing..


They do look  a little happier...

     I do need to get out there and trim and vamp and things tough...

A little overgrown don't you think


     I have been avoiding my Tangent lately... I go outside and the moment I lift a shovel I sweat... Now, I know a lot of people feel that way, and maybe that is why George, my new favorite gardener says, "August is the time to go on vacation, not to worry about what is going on in it"...

     But I do worry though.. Now, is the time to get some revamping of the soil done and plant some seedlings in a couple weeks... also reworking the layout of the garden... So you see, I have to be busy... Just can't get past picking up the shovel...

My Nemesis... and kids... 



   

     My little meanies hanging out on the neighbors roof waiting to see what is available to eat, I think...

Tomato Update

     So the tomato plants are growing, but now it looks like that the tops are curling... Not sure if this is a bad thing... maybe, that I have to pull the plant for or not...  Although it has flowers....



Blackberry Anticipation

       My Blackberry bush seems to be happy in this particular spot, I hope that I get some flowers, this coming spring...  The canes are particularly thick and lush... very hopeful....

Tall and glorious
Large thick leaves...

Beautiful thick canes...

 Eggplant Quandary
  

     My compost eggplant is incredibly happy for being in the compost bin... ha ha ha, but It doesn't know that I will be moving that bin into the corner of the garden, so I can make the garden bigger, by maybe 3 or so feet...




Garlic Chives

I love where I put my garlic chives, BUT.... Yes!  But !

     It stopped the progression of my garden from expanding,  It is a line of  "DONE." Like no more planting from this point on...  Get it in your head! No go... Nada! It's like Tangent is yelling at me and saying "this is my area and you can't do any thing else"...


     But thank goodness they are shallow rooted and easy to move if I want them to be moved... Though, it would be easier to not have them there... I think and maybe it is agreed, they are fine there and I will just work around them,...



     Aren't they lovely?  Now I really just need to use them as they were meant to be used...


And well last....


     I have some favorite pictures to leave off with, the colors are amazing and enchanting... I hope that you agree...?





Hugs, and as some say, HAPPY GARDENING....


   


Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain