Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Friday, May 13, 2016

An old Gardener Learning New Methods....

I have stumbled across such great information for desert gardening.. besides my very favorite books I like to refer back too...

"Desert Gardening" by George Brookbank 

"Extreme Gardening" by Dave Owens "The Garden Guy"

I dont usually talk about youtube videos or such things, but this has lit a proverbial fire under my thinking for gardening in such in climate weather...

There is a youtube channel I have been watching that put out such pertinent information...

He calls himself  "The Vegan Athlete"...

@ You Tube VeganAthlete

True to his title, he sustains his life style on an incredible backyard full of plant life...
Not only fruit trees by the dozens, but great varieties of garden vegetables that grow incredibly well in this type of environment...
He has mentioned, there are quite a few types of trees that should be added to the backyard garden... 
This is exciting even though I have no more space for trees, but for those who might ....

Moringa Tree

Date palm trees

Citrus, even some varieties of stone fruit and tropical trees just to name a few...

Watching his videos has uplifted my way of thinking for gardening in the desert... Making it a paradise of sorts. 

Jake Mace teaches and runs an online school, has tours and an online store, he has information on the best way to plant trees and what type of mulch and how to make your own type of compost that works in this heat...
He shares links to places that are owned and grow locally... 
I have become a believer in being sufficient from my own garden...

So if your inclined or curious about The  Vegan Athlete pop over and watch a video or two and learn some new tricks of the desert gardening trade... You wont be let down... 

With new inspiration at hand I have some work cut out for me to get my garden in gear.

As for Tangent new thoughts are rolling around in my mind... 

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain