Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sweat and Well, Sweat!!!

     Spending this weekend working in the garden, I didn't think there was that much sweat in any one person (Me)...It was HOT!

     I have been taking cues from my new recent favorite garden book...

Clipped tomatoes!

      It suggested that maybe giving a cutting to the tomatoes "like" two thirds back, will give me a chance to get another batch this coming  fall... so that's what I did. It really is no loss, for the basic fact the tomatoes were pretty much done flowering any way...


The Mess from the tomato clippings...
     I had my hubby mulch these up, I used them by spreading this all around the tomatoes...


Wanted Dead or Well, Dead

     BUT Guess Who is back!  Yes! There back!!!  The infamous STINK (squash) BUG!

This is a wanted dead or alive (dead)  poster!


 OOOOOhhhh! They make me so mad!  I lost my Zucchini,

What was pulled from it's spot in the garden!


     But that's okay, it was on it's way out... I guess this bug has no known predators except, us, humans!  I have to use pesticides, which I seriously hate....Nothing else works..., nothing that is a natural remedy anyway....   If you see one, it's too late, there are a million... and sitting out there in this heat picking them by hand, in this season?...  not an option!...


     A very empty spot and the other set of zucchini that really never produced! Which I found that pictured stink bug at!   after all this is takin care of I will be planting something else but haven't quite thought it out yet! Something the those squash bugs hate for sure though! 



The Secret Garden 

     The area where we want to expand our backyard is coming along well enough.... Hopefully by the time it cools off, (Oct), We will be able to have our gate and our pavers in... I have been trying to think of the types of comforts to put in this space.. You know patio furniture and such, how I want to use this space is really overwhelming, but, I have time to think and plan ....

Before


So far
    



      I think along that block wall I want to try the technique espalier with a type of fruit tree like peach or etc... Wouldn't that be just dreamy....? I just don't how to muster the confidence though, other than just do it and see what happens...





Monsoons!

     We have been having dust storms all around the valley these past weeks, not a lot of rain, wish the garden would get a couple of really good pouring, drenching rains...


   

 One of my little friends enjoying the little rain we did get! Isn't he cute...



JALAPEÑO MYSTERY

     But, wait! Look at this mystery!


         What in the world is eating my Jalapeños?     



     There are a couple of peppers that look like this... so I'm on the hunt for mucho, macho eater of heat!
I will be making jalapeño jelly soon... but if I keep getting this type of action, I won't be getting any peppers at all....  So pepper eater hunter mode! Is there a name for it? Like Pepper Eater Tracker, or Heat Tracker?

A POINT OF VIEW!


     A point of view in the garden that I just seem to identify with... Is it me? 

    Is there a point of view in your garden that you can Identify with?  A piece of you painted or written that can be reminded of the personality you have? 

   Well,   I leave you with a crazy messy picture, but love!  (ME!) LOL!!!





      I want to say to my incredible hubby,  

Happy Anniversary... 


This is our 17th year of marriage...


     When things were bumpy or smooth, the road is and was always one to travel with you! Love you!




Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain