Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fall Planting Coming!

Fall Gardening is coming soon...
A beautiful picture from lollitop.blogspot.com.  Lightening strike at the foothillls of Superstition Mountain...
 
   I looked to see when my fall frost date will be.  It is said that I should count back 12 - 14 weeks. Nov. 18 will be the target date. That brings me into the first week of August.

   Then comes the thought of what to plant!
Now, I understand cauliflower, broccoli , brussels sprouts, cabbage is the normal crops?... Then what will be my plan of action?...

   If I plan it out well, I have spaces all over the place.. I think that the only things out of that line up of veggies though, will be cabbage and broccoli.

   So research research and more research...




***WEATHER ALERTS***
The Blue of the sky is amazing!
  NONE!!!
         The weather is beautiful... 6:30 am and it is 84°

               OMG!  The high will be 104° and humidity will be like 30%. Not much more to be said!



Pumpkins!!!


The Pumpkins, I think it will be a wonderfully successful pumpkin year, this year...

 WHY you ask?  


(POW!!!)


      That's why?  





Tomatoes!

So I was snapping off pictures and I came across a very wilted branch..
I pinched and squished it... and something oozed a little, so I snipped off the branch.   




Look what I found!!!

A squished worm that was eating the inside of the tomato stem!





 I don't even know how to deal with this! I can only imagine there are million of them through my tomato plants....

(Panic Mode:  You Betcha!  ahhhh!
 HELP!)


                (Okay! now I'm better, Calm..., breathe... in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out!!!)
  Okay now!
Research in action! I will let you know my findings!


 

Bird house Gourds!!!


Are in the house!!!! 

Wahooooo!!!!!
Look at this - 

         I didn't expect to see them this soon...

    I am thrilled...


One step closer to making fun!!



So off to research my (panicking) dilemmas!!!

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain