Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Monday, July 4, 2011

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!! 


Look!!!! 

   I have a Cucumber!!!


Okay! Your thinking so what!

   But, I really thought that I would be really hard pressed to get this far, I mean much less, even actually getting one! wahhhooo!


   So now this season I will be able to say that "I harvested  cucumbers" along with the short list of veggies that I have as of to date.

**NO EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING**
  
   Temps are as of now, 6:00 a.m.  84° with 30% chance of thunderstorms this evening, but in my area, we usually are not lucky enough to get substantial amount of rain.



  Towards the end of the week (maybe), I will be pulling some carrots to make Carrot confiture it is "like a jam" that I got off one of my favorite shows. I'm not sure if it will taste good or even work, but as to the words of my "motto" through-out this blog...

Here is to  trying... Right!?



The search for plants goes on!

Researching what plants I want to put in these pots, I conclude, Are you ready for it!?


Lantana "Pink"




Salvia "Red"

and of basil... of some different varieties, Yes? I think? yes!

   These will be the plants that will be of possible sacrifice! "ha ha ha!" (well, hopefully not...)



   On to the Newly planted green beans and pumpkins:  I planted them yesterday morning, I had the beans soaking  for 24 hours. They were plump and ready to be put to bed! So to speak...


   I then put the pumpkin seed in a mounded heap of soil two seeds to a hole! Yes! maybe over-compensating, but I will pluck one from each hole, if they take(?)... 


The day of planting green beans and pumpkin!
 



   As I am working on my yard I am finding a lot of places that I can possibly tuck plants into... 
 

   My Snapdragons are almost spent... so I think that will be an area to put something fun?  What would be fun?  Any thoughts???


 





   As Fall approaches, it is around the corner, Mums could be a really great thing to plant, aren't they a comeback plant? (too)
  


   Hmmm! Bring in more "flower" like plants! What a concept! Hummers would like that wouldn't they?
 

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain