Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Friday, July 8, 2011

My menagerie!

    Checking on all my pretty potted plants, I am very pleased, but then I realized I really knew nothing about the portulaca...

    As I looked at them, I thought, well they look like a succulent..
In theory for succulents, careful attention needs to apply!

   Well, Then I need to go online to research them.

                   (minutes later)

I investigate... Guess what I find?

Portulaca, (P. Grandiflora)- likes sandy soil, and wants the soil to dry out between watering's... ahhhh!

   What was I thinking again?!!!

    I potted them in potting soil, with moisture control... With fear, I have to watch how much I water. Let them dry out between water cycles.
    So what do I do? Leave them in the pot that they are in? Or transplant them into a pot with cactus type soil? 


Hmm! dilemmas, dilemmas...
Here's what they look like now!
     As of right this moment... they are happy! I guess I will go with the "flow" right now!




Bird House Gourds!

From this...
 

to this...    potentially! 
cute huh?



   I bought some seeds to play around with...  Bird House Gourds.
I have seen these beautiful bird houses, and I want so much to make some. I love to paint things like those, and how fun would it be to do such things... the designs and patterns etc...

   I have a spot planned to plant the seeds, and I will make a lattice like screen to place, for the gourds to vine and twine on!

  So, New Project, commencing soon!

Green Bean Update:

My Green beans are trooping along "look" they seem happy! 
emerging to see the world!

   I have a row in front of the lattice and a row behind the lattice!
The row behind the lattice is very happy and is emerging, but the row in front of the the lattice is still not popping up!  (weird)... I hope that I didn't do something to hinder the beans!

   No! tomatoes right now!  Why? Are they gearing up for another batch? I hope I get more, it seems like I will, simple reasons, there are blooms and such...

Worried? Yes!

   Still cleaning the dust off stuff from the Haboob phenomenon! (yick!!)...
Amazing though Huh?




       

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain