Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Crazy?

Who Me? 

   Well, I decided to plant the elephant ear in a pot that is 9" deep and as wide...
I am not sure it will work but it cost me a buck!  Wouldn't you try if you had the chance??



    I was told your crazier than .... well, you get the idea!  Maybe I am but I can't be blamed for wanting to try! Right? (right?)

   The research said to keep the soil moist and when it dies back to let it, don't cut the leaves back when it wants to dormant, that's how the bulb gets it's energy for the next time it's ready to sprout... So I am going to go by that.


Swiss Chard


    What can I say about something that is very colorful and enticing to eat...
       
    (not anything good to talk about)...


   Remember I wanted to make (cabbage ) Swiss rolls out of them, well, I thought I would saute some chard up and have it like a spinach dish, right? Just to make sure I liked it! Well, everything that I did to it was delicious but the chard itself ... Ooohhhh!!! It was so bitter tasting.. and it became more bitter as it sat!!! How does that happen? Huh?

   Needless to say, we couldn't eat it. It became food for Mr. Garbage Can's belly! (Jus' kiddin') It did get tossed!

Alas!  It will only be for looks, for my yard!


Weather update
  Just dust storms in the evenings, and making a mess of everything. So if you like brown or tan, your in luck...
  But if rain is required, well that's just too bad for us!

  They refer to this as a "Haboob". This happened just before sun down on Tuesday!

    Mother Nature asks, "Do you want rain?" We say "Yes please!"
She says, "Well, TOO BAD !"  then laughs her heart out as the thunder rumbles by!
But you can't be angry at her, and she knows it! Because when you least expect it, something spectacular happens!  Am I wrong?

   I know I am ranting!

Green Bean Update:::

   As of this morning, I have a green bean sprout!!!   Hooray!!!
the little piece of speck is actually a start!!!


   My lattice for the beans with stood 40mph or more winds... Thank you hubby for your effort and help!
I think that my beans have a great beginning!






      *** Last by not least,***

***RIP little Caylee Marie Anthony...***

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain