Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Monday, July 11, 2011

The Return of Mr. Meanie

   After a wonderful rain from the night before I went out to investigate the garden...  Before my eyes, I see a nemesis of past dealings...

     Who in the world do I see?  You guessed it Mr. Meanie... That's who!!!

     The nerve and audacity of ever showing beak in this garden after marauding my Beef Steak perfection!

    In case you don't know Who Mr. Meanie is, well He is this bird species (Bendire's Thrasher) that thought that my beef steak tomatoes were for his pecking!!!

 

   In case he doesn't realize, he chose a garden that
won't put up with such debauchery...





   So after running out my arcadia door yelling at this criminal bird, I turned to inspect all areas of my garden.
I look at my area of green beans... What do my sights zero in on? BUT...

           OMG! He unearthed my little seedlings.....

      Is he kidding me?  (Well only two..)
How dare the devil in disguise do this!  (mwwaaahhhhaaahha! his little bird voice says...)


   Well,    talk about the WAR being ON!
           Every chance I see him out there, he will get a surprise spook from me!!!  (all he needs now is a little black mustache and a wanted dead or alive poster!)



   Lettuce I planted in a container awhile ago is doing well! I will be harvesting from a container soon enough!

           Here is an instant replay on the container lettuce...
just planted
3 or 4 days old


6 or 7 days old
last: as of today


   


A pass along thought:

   This past weekend I had a birthday, so for a gift, I went to my local book store, and purchased the memoir, and I shall have some peace there  by Margaret Roach.

   I am stunned by how visually inclined through writing she is...  There is a lot of commonalities I have with her through the book, and how wonderfully independent she is. I only had it a day and I am almost finished with it.. I have been a advid lurker on her blog for a couple of years now. I love a lot of  her pictures and thoughts she puts out there on it..
   I recommend, if you would like to curl up one day, and read a book, I suggest hers.. Bravo Margaret!




Green Bean first aid!

   On to my green beans, that Mr. Meanie has plucked... I thought that putting them back in the ground would be "maybe fine", but will not so much they wilted and shriveled up, well I will be disposing them in the great  compost heap on it's horizon... Front row of my green beans are starting to pop up! So a little less to worry about... (relieving sigh).

SIMPLY in AWE!!!
    I walked out this morning and found that the green beans , of Mr. Meanie's debauchery, is alive!!
  
Take that!....               You marauder!!!  
     


**No Excessive heat warning,** yea!!!
It's 8:30 p.m. and it is 96° 33% humidity but 62° dew point!
   so that usually means it is hot! and possible for Rain!
      But unfortunately not this night!

***But this morning around 4:00 ish a.m. it rained and the garden loved it!!!...***

   *My Bee population is well (secretly jumping up and down) especially after what I did!!!  

   *I have quite a few beneficials yea! very happy... and Nothing new on the Elephant Ear (still sleeping it is)


   

   *Nothing on the bird house gourds as of yet! (again patiently waiting) well only a little bit!


       (TAP, TAP, TAP).... I'm waiting...
Okay, I guess you really can't rush Mother Nature huh?

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain