Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Fall Garden, finally!!!

     The past couple of weeks have consisted of tilling, expanding and more tilling, and relocating, and  FINALLY, planting....  Yay!!!!


     The plan was to set seed, this weekend... and It is done, (excitedly doing the "HAPPY Dance" here...)

The seeds consists of....


1) *In Row A*  Beets - Tall Top Early Wonder and  Swiss Chard - Neon Lights...


2) *    Row B* Carrots - Scarlet Nantes with Kaleidoscope Mix- and Lettuce Mix - Curly leaf  & Oakleaf


3) *    Row C*  Radish - Sparkler and Onion - Evergreen bunching...


4) *    Row D*  Spinach - Teton Hybrid and Leek - American Flag



      The Questions are, Am I to late?, like in planting.

Will they sprout? Because of how hot it still is!

Will the pest get hold? 

     I think there are a million thoughts in my head!  This is the first time I have really put a fall garden out like this!  I just usually let it all go. I played around with this and that...  I am really in a  unsure state of mind...
 
      During last week, It was so hot, How hot was it? Just one day dried up my Orange Mint plant... It reached like 107° out...
Of course, I was at work and didn't realize it affected my garden so...


Knowledge about Grapes...
 (I thought that's from Apples...) JK   

     A most generous reader, Love mauve by the way, Katrina Blanchalle,  http://olderthanvintage.blogspot.com  has a very old Grapevine... and she gave me a couple of pointers about hers...



     I have a few ideas about where to plant my grapes now, thanks to her, oh and how to treat it... She had a most glorious harvest from it, this go around...

The pictures were beautiful... I can hope to only be so lucky...


Blood Donations

     It was trim the Countess week, Man, that bougainvillea is vicious, she got me good this go around... I didn't quit bleeding until I was done clipping.... 




     Maybe, thats her way of getting me back for not letting her go wild...  bite for a prune... I guess... Just a thought...

I just wish she was so demanding sometimes ... geeze...


 Jalapenos Heaven




     My husband has given me a recipe that he found,  to use my JalapeƱos...  Are you ready for this one...


http://allrecipes.com/recipe/bacon-wrapped-peanut-butter-jalapenos/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=bacon-wrapped%20peanut%20butter%20jalapenos&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page

Bacon wrapped Peanut Butter JalapeƱos 

Ingredients:

8 jalapenos halved length- wise and seeded

1/2 cup peanut butter

8 slices of bacon, cut in half

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350,

Fill each jalapeno half with peanut butter, wrap with bacon and secure with a toothpick
arrange on a baking sheet

Bake for about 25 minutes..


     Doesn't it sound weird and intriguing all at the same time?

***So I  made this... and I am in heaven... These are so tasty, These are surely on my menu for like   always...


Let me know what you think!,

If you decide to venture on the wild side!



Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain