Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Go Configure!

     My fall garden is at its infant stage... You know "nothing yet!" HA! I have been off my game a little... But I am antsy with desire to get it going... I want to plant all kinds of things... but not sure if this is the right moment...

     I have decided that it will be the moment like it or not...  but there is a "But." There's always a but, if you haven't noticed...

     I want to re configure the lay out of Tangent... I want Tangent to start working for me... I have been nurturing and feeding and watering and talking and whatever else that can come to mind...

    Now! Don't be dirty minded... ha ha ha!

      Looking at my Tangent and normal reaction says, "Oh my goodness you have a small backyard"... Well, you are right, for such a big house, I have a teeny tiny backyard... But! When I look at my Tangent I see endless possibilities... I really didn't see it until we decided to just stay put and not worry about moving...


     Looking at all of the urban gardens, like roof tops and patio home and apartment living... I have incredible space for my garden...

     Some of you may be saying so why are you talking about this... Well, the space is the least of worries if you want delicious veggies and fruit.  I couldn't see past The infamous phrase "I need more space for my garden."

     Now that, that is established... On to plans, right?

     Fruit, so far, I have a pomegranate, and a blackberry bush! The next idea is peach, citrus and grapes and of course a fig tree...

     Okay! I am not a great designer, (of landscaping) and I haven't a clue to know where to begin... but I know that I love the taste and want those to be apart of Tangent...  Then, there are the nuts,

     No... not me, LOL!


     But maybe an almond,
and ....well, almond, because any other nuts wouldn't really work would they(?) in such a confined space? Ho Hum...



http://informedfarmers.com

     Ambitious? Yes! What's the point of it all, if there isn't aim for the sky attitude... right? Baby steps? Of course!

So reconfiguring, what does this entail for me!  Ummmm.... Well not sure!  I think, expanding the area is the beginning, moving the compost bin into the northwest corner will be the start... then, I will till the area of where the compost was...

rearranging is so messy!
      The eggplant is still in the compost!!! and look at the size... amazing, I will be very sad to see it go!
I will have probably 3 or 4 feet more to add veggies in... What will I put there?

      I can kind of picture a tree in the corner there maybe! My (thinking) wheels are turning... Can you see the smoke coming from ears.... Well, of course you can't!... "but" there it is again,... Trust me. I'm thinking up a storm...


Off the subject of reconfiguring...




     Did anyone get to view The Blue Moon last night?  Even though we didn't get to sit outside and watch it rise, random outside glances happened...  The next "blue moon" will not happen until July 2015... I hope to be able to see it then too..

   And Yes! I had a blue moon Brew for the occasion! Boy, was it delish!




     And by the way! Spidey isn't my favorite Hero!

It would probably be Batman, You know ( psst! Bruce Wayne, the gazillionaire).... hehehe!

You know,  Bat Man and Lara Croft would be a Hot Couple! No? okay, weird comment!

Labor Day Weekend!
     This is a three day weekend for me! I plan to work in the garden and cook in my beginning of a gourmet kitchen.... hahaha!
I posted the pic on my FB cuz, the photo wacked out, my reader email..

     http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=437320782985135&set=pb.100001216502799.-2207520000.1346600601&type=1&theater

     Last weekend I received my glorious new fridge.. Doesn't really cost a lot to most households, but for us Yes! It was fairly pricey... 2400.00 ... So the question is... was or is it worth it?  YES! I love it... We will have to work twice as hard because of the expense... But, there's that "but" again!

I am in heaven and plan to upgrade my stove next!      soon, maybe,.... okay soon.. (maybe)


Happy Gardening











    

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain