Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Reconfigured Almost Configured!



     Today was going to be the finish of what was started last weekend... But, (here is "the but" again), It rained like hard...

 And rained hard to boot...

     Now as much as I am thrilled that it did, tilling can't happen this weekend...

Boo!

BUT!!! "there it is again",....



          GUESS WHAT? 

     We went fruit tree shopping,  and I am sooo excited...  We purchased, (tah dah).... a Mexican lime tree (above), Black Mission Fig, and a Thompson Grape Vine...

      I have a spot for the fig tree, and I, of course planted the lime tree, well... my hubby did... what a sweetie, it is in the front yard...

Fig Treee


     Now, the question is where do I put my grape vine?



      As I was purchasing these plants and trees someone called out, "Oh! an Eden Garden."  Well, Yes! I like that term...


Soon to come PEACHES!
    

    We are working on getting peach trees... Hopefully that will be in about 3 to 4 weeks... I will hopefully be getting three of them...

    They will consist of three varieties, and I will be planting the three in the same hole! Now, before you think what in the world is she talking about?

     We found that this can be done, because the information from a nursery we visited had a web-site that showed how to do this... How fun will it be to pick peaches three different ones for the summer...

     The varieties are "Desert Gold and Florida Prince." I am not sure of the third, I think it is  "Earli Grand."

Continuation on my Secret Garden (well sitting area)
    
     It is getting closer for secret garden plans, the bushes we planted a couple months back are doing amazing...  

     The next step is the gate..." ick," that is going to be a chore, unlike no other...



     Now, I know, this will not be the one to put there, but it is a brilliant one...

     We didn't do much in the garden this weekend... the rain made sure of that... and well weather forcasters are calling for more until Tuesday, so maybe not next weekend either... which is very frustrating...

I have a lot to do...

till,
plant,
plant my Fig Tree,
lay pave stones, pull pave stones,
clean other garden beds out,

Geez, the list is quite large...

     All this needs to happen, and on top of that, I broke my toe, at work... so I am hobbling, to boot... 
the inconveniences, We have to endure...


BASIL....

      I did pull some Basil to make my basil jelly... I want to do that... too.

Where is the time?



 Compost mania!!!

      When I pulled and moved the compost barrel, OMG! the compost was brilliant, (my new word for the week, brilliant)...








      The compost bin is a good location, except when the rains happen... I really can't get to it, because of the soil is so fluffy and wet....  I sink... Yep right down to my ankles... So I need to make a path of "something" to be able to walk to it without sinking...



Un Giving Green Beans
    
     I managed to get out "there" and pull my UN-giving green beans, errr..... but that's fine they were that way, I guess, The soil is "brilliant." I would have loved to have some fresh green beans... But...


     I will dig that away and place the soil, in to the garden because the soil is "Brilliant"... and this will be the path for the gate that is planned...


So other than waiting on Mother Nature, all is well, and moving along as well as expected...


Happy Gardening...

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain