Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Summer Sweet and Endings


     Growing things in Tangent has always felt like an experiment. I put plants in the ground, or in the raised beds, (you know, the beds that I should worry about) being grown in cinder blocks...
But, I think the main worry about this, are the roots... They are taking over from the trees...

My daughter wanted watermelon this year... So she went out and bought some seed Crimson Sweet, and her and our little neighbor girl decided to plant them...  for about two weeks, nothing happened.
I was thinking that maybe the seeds were buried to deep... So, I went back out and replanted them.. about 5 days later here they are, growing...  This happened a certain amount of weeks back... It's now May 29th, 
Look at these amazing Melons... 




This only shows two, but I have like five more... The anticipation of readiness is overwhelming...   

I am also growing some Squash, I just set in the ground Pumpkin and buttercup... Now I have no idea what to do with buttercup squash but what better way than to give it a go...

buttercup squash



Pumpkin

I have stepped into the canning world and I think I will be canning them... Yea, that is another tangent I'm on... more to come on that soon enough..

Endings, well not really, but Spaghetti, yumm... sure many people's favorite.. but well probably not in squash..

Yep, spaghetti squash...

Now, I was given a spaghetti squash from my mother, who in turn got it from a friend of hers.. Although, she likes this particular type she either didn't have time to prepare it or it was a preempted moment delivered to me to do something with... (I think that's the reason)... yea sounds good... Well, I took it and ran with it!...

I prepared it and it was tasty, only to me though... but that's another story...

I kept the seeds also... I rinsed and dried them and let them sit for a couple days... and said to my self, "Self lets go plant these suckers!"... 

That's what I did...

I waited about a week, nothing... Feeling a bit deflated, I went to plant the pumpkin in its place... 

 But, By the Gods of the plant world... 

Here they are....


Yesterday's picture




Today's picture
I can not wait to see what what happens next... Can you?


 Well, What's the saying or something like it?...

"If you have a garden and a library you have everything."


I'm working on it...



There are really  no endings in the Garden, are there?
That's fine by me...



Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain