Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Day to All!

  I had a pleasant surprise this morning, After I got myself up, had a nice hot cup of Joe...
I was gazing off into my little yard, pondering over what will be my next project... I look up and Do you know what I see?

   I see a family of Quail:    Mom and Dad on the fence and baby under the eggplant!


Daddy Quail watching out for baby!

Mom and Dad following baby!

I couldn't get a picture of baby, what a fast little bugger!

       Omg! I couldn't believe how nice it was to see such a fancy free family...

      Unfortunately, I had to shoo them out for fear of the neighbor cats! (sigh!!!)
I really hope that as the family grows, they visit more often, but just a short visit...



Moving on to the pots ...

   K, so I know I said that I wanted to use "pink' Lantanas... But!

   Let me tell you how I came to this conclusion,

   I was in the local hardware store. I came across these lantanas, They were really eye catching, so I'm looking at them thought about it. I'm thinking, maybe, I move around  to the other side of the area that the plants were on...

   Omg!  This couple come up with a cart and took almost all of them... I thought "geez! seriously!"The next thought was, I better grab one while the gettin' is good... Right?

   So sorting through the left overs I chose this one! What do you think!

       
Here it is!
                                                                          "Shazam" is it's name!


  
   Oh, by the way! The temperature was like 100° but it felt like 120° with 100% humidity... blahhhh!




   Then I thought of a pepper plant, to put in the mix of this menagerie, Well, let me back it up....

"Habanero"
    I only had a thought about one! Wasn't going to get one, but then my hubby said "how about this one?" I thought, Well, what would a supporting wife, say to her husband?   Yes! Of course! That would be a perfecting one!

   So now, you see it before you!

   This is an Habanero pepper plant... I thought that it would have beautiful color! I hope to add beauty to my back yard! So this could be a start? Maybe, yes?

   I haven't yet! trans-potted these plants! I found my pots to put them in... I can't wait to get my other pots arranged and filled with such fun!!!

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain