Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Sunday, July 3, 2011

 Pots Pots and more Pots...




   I have quite a few pots.  I have a goal of using each and every one of them. But to use pots out in such dry and arid weather is usually death to a plant.

What kind of method do I come up with to make sure this does not happen?

1) choose my plants wisely
2) what kind of watering method to use
3) soil

   They are almost all clay pots and a few plastic ones that look like clay pots.
   Choosing the plants will be difficult. I would like to have herbs in some of them along with flowers.
   Which ones will be able to survive?  I want to use them in a design in some way.

    I will start by washing them in soapy water, rinse them in bleach water, and then let dry.
   Then research for what each pot will have for plants. I truely believe that, that will be the most difficult.


   Maybe I will sow some seeds in a couple of them...

The Cucumber

So far this plant is doing really well... (knock on wood!)
I have not encountered a stink bug as of yet!

Hooray!!!!

I have notice quite few little "cukes"... here's to hope.



This morning I will be planting  my green beans and pumpkin.. It should take about a week for both to sprout...

Here's where they will grow:


It doesn't seem like much, But the soil is rich and moist... I have a good amount of space for the pumpkin to spread out...

UPDATE:

    Just recently, my daughter brought over a Praying Mantis that she found next door on their concrete patio.
 My daughter collected and released her amongst the garden... The next evening I was clearing and working on weeds through out, guess who I found?

I came upon a lifeless, limp body.
 I am most certain she was dead. 

Now, there could have been a garden accident, or it could have been natural caused... Either way,


RIP  Ms. Mantis



(True honesty! Kind of relieved for my hummers though)

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain