Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Transplanted

Transplanted....

     "Shazam" was planted.  It looks great. I potted the habanero also.  I can't wait to continue the rest.
Snazzy Shazam!









Happy Habanero!


    I got a picture of one a humming bird. I believe that it's female. She is quite frisky. She doesn't take any guff from any bird or people for that matter.











   Yesterday evening, I sowed basil seeds in a self water pot.  Now I am using this as an "experiment":  It is self watering "meaning the soil wicks up water", it is in potting soil, not seed starting mix, and it is in the heat of this season...

   I am not sure if this will work or not!  I am excited of what it could look like, though... It is in an unusual looking pot and it is white... White and bright green against each other,,, beautiful!!!! So lets hope for beauty!



    I bought four more plants, I got another pepper plant the "Thai" Chilies, salvia red,  a portulaca, another lantana "yellow".  I had bought some seeds, dark Opal basil, and bird house gourds,

then last... I thought I would take a chance on a plant that amazed me when I lived in FL many years ago, The elephant ear plant (Colocasia) bulb...


Now of course it isn't this...
                                                It is this...

    Reading up some on them, (which wasn't necessary years ago, because it was just there for me...)

 If I want to try, I have to do it now!

   I need a pot at least 18" wide and at least as deep, well I don't have that... so guess what! Not so sure if I can do it now!

   So "surprise" (not) My thinking gets ahead of me again...  

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain