Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Birds Win By A Landslide!!!!!

   Alas, (sigh!!!) I am defeated.... birds won! I lost! My green beans have been ravaged... so I wonder if it's to late to try it again? You know to plant more in the same area?  The pumpkin is really doing well... so maybe as it spreads it can cover the poor yummy green beans from the birds.

What is left from Bird Pillage!
 But look here at the pumpkin...

Yes! It is nibbled but it seems like it will be okay!     


  


   Well, I went through to look at everything and did some maintenance and stuff, you know all the needed things ... I notice that Salvia isn't too happy. Not in total despair but seems like it lost it's best friend. I gave it a little foodlizer and a bit of a prune. so I think it will be okay so far!











 My Bird House Gourds are marvelously happy!
      (secretly excited!)....









    The weather does get exciting around here!




    This happened towards the west of where we live so we didn't experience anything significant... The people who did experience the "Haboob"... had some power-outages and had to endure the dust, of course some thunderstorm activity also...



 ***Weather Alerts***


    None-  The temps for today as of right now: 93 degrees, the high will be possible 108... with a 20% chance of rain this evening... It is a muggy feel out there but nothing to bad!!!


     Hanging my basil out to dry did not work they way I hoped... 
     So I think if I want dried basil at any point in my time, I have to do it the old pick apart and put in  my dehydrator way.








 

    I have a mystery plant in my Fav Fern... I am really not sure if it is a weed or a possible tomato?

    I Know that this isn't a clear picture, 
    
    I am camera challenged 
sometimes...lol!

A mystery maybe!!!! 











Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain