Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Friday, June 6, 2014

June, Well Done!

I have been in so much anticipation for the bounty I received this morning...  This is the actual first harvest...





My set up this season has worked very well... But there is tweaking that I need to do...
I want to make rearrangements for different placements of plants and making of new beds... One bed, only of tomatoes, one bed only of peppers, a row of squash, cucumbers and eggplants in the buckets.. Also a bed of lettuce and the likes...

Learning of what veggies I truly love to grow and eat will be of help to know how many plants I need to grow..




I love bell peppers and well the success of having them haven't been...

     But the tomatoes have been beautiful, heavy and juicy...
My herbs all but cilantro have provided such great flavor, no success with it...

I have not checked on carrots yet, but I have some coming, Lettuce was successful enough but pests
came to feast...

I have had a run-in with stinkbugs on my squash errr... but since I found them, they don't dare to show again...lol


So it's a bit in shock and yellowing but , I'm giving it fertilizer and a little iron, I think it will help some...

But, making a better container soil, and using this system is probably the best idea as of yet!


These beans are amazing, I think having another couple tubs of them would be better for making meals with them... I'm think they work harder having to produce such long beans that its only a few at a time.. So more beans the better...



Cantaloupe is a survivor for sure, I don't have a drip hooked to it so I water it myself, and well getting the amount of water to it probably isn't enough, but it continues to do well...


So far so good in the Tangent Garden....


Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain