Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Saturday, January 7, 2012

And The New Year Begins....

It is January, and everything is starting off with newness...

     We have bought a tiller!! Yes, a tiller... "I have a little backyard, not much room," as I think to myself.. What in the world am I thinking?...  Well, I wasn't! My Hubby was.. (as always, he has the Ideas...)...

     I brought him out to the yard to help me measure out just a little more footage.  And he says, "If I were you..."   LOL ... so the rest commenced...


    I proceeded to remove the paver's (well, only half of them, then hubby did the rest) that had my little bistro table sitting at or on, and expanded the area.  He lined the outside edge with blocks that helped hold back the prior garden and so to hold the new garden in. 

    This thinking all led to  "honey can you help me measure, so I can add a foot or two to the garden..."  ha ha ha!

      I have cleared out a lot of the old plants and debris, raking things up, also trying to get rid of stuff that came out of the shed.   I feel as if I'm spring cleaning, and well, spring isn't here. Just temps playing the old just wait and see what comes next game...  Kinda like, today will be 80 degrees, but tomorrow will be 40 degrees.. and then the next day the breeze kicks up is, but cold enough to go right through your soul..  since the wind blew, it's time to rain, but the kind of rain that only dirty's up everything..  Then, changes up again... That Game!

    
      I am seeding indoors, right now, eggplant, peppers (jalapeƱos tooo) and Yes, I decided to try broccoli... I think it will bolt though... but must try!


      I thought, So now I am clearing everything and tilling and weeding and all else...  I will be taking care of those pesky and trouble-some, awful pests... (a.k.a. stink-bugs, aphids, and whiteflys).  I remember, I thought in the beginning, I was so frustrated,  ALL I wanted to do is spray everything and anything... Well, I think I have changed my mind.... I just want to spray the perimeter of my yard...
      I know! I shouldn't do that either, but I am at a mook point of tolerance... I actually would like healthier and happier plants, minus the pests, wouldn't anyone?... and I still will be use  organic recipes for prevention, but this time, No!, I won't!...  I didn't even have enough good bugs to help control the bad bugs!... But I plan to bring in more "companion plants" and more flowers... Plus plants the good bugs like most... to help along the way..



     I have gone through and ordered a bunch of catalogs from different places, I can't wait for their arrival... It's like that favorite program you just can't wait to watch...Well, when they come, my nose will be in them thar catalogs.... and to heck with everything else.... until finished...

Cool carrots huh!!!

    

     So  not only we have a great start with the garden... You know... Tangent expanding... wellll, guess WHAT?

     SO has our family.... well, ha ha ha! Just our furry family...


    We have my Princess Piglet,  then we have, PeaNut,  Now....


    I would like to introduce to you  BUTTER...    Yes!, I said, "Butter", We decided that since Princess Piglet is not quite happy with Pea-Nut, we thought then, Pea-Nut needed a sister/brother... So, we went back to our local animal pound and got  another kitten today... that makes three.. Plus the outdoor one that someone cruelly left behind...

     So now to make Pea-Nut complete, we have Butter...  Butter was thought to be a girl, which was so named Sabrina, in the pound, I had asked so why does the sign say that this one is Female and clearly it has well you know?  They're like, well let me see... and weirdly, they checked the plumbing, and, BY GOLLY! I was right...(being sarcastic)... How do you miss seeing "junk in the trunk" like that? So poor Sabrina, was not a Sabrina.   We had to give "Him" a name!


     On the car ride home, my idealistic hubby says,  "How about Butter, you know Pea-Nut ... Butter... !!!"

     I laughed, and thought that was brilliant... So, It Stands as  Princess Piglet, Pea-Nut, Butter, and Nuggets (a.k.a Adolf) That are now in the house of Tangent...



I hope that we all stay one big happy furry family!






     
   

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain