Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Thursday, February 16, 2012

seed arrival!!!

My seeds arrived!!!



     I am most excited to plant them...Can you tell?.... ha ha ha.... I can plant all my lettuce at the same time now.  I will be putting them in the coffee cans.

These.....




 will go into these....



So I have the coffee cans ready to go...

     I punched holes on the bottom and around the sides of the cans. I felt that I needed to keep the lids. I placed the lids on the bottoms and punctured the lids where the hole on the cans were. So the lids have holes in them too.
     I put a layer of gravel at the bottom to start. I then put soil in the cans all the way to the top.
That will happen this weekend ;0)


Recap on planting...

     I did say I planted carrots and radish and onions, Right?  Okay, I really can't remember...  Feb. 7th or 8th, I planted  kaleidoscope mix or the proper name being ZANAHOIA - Carrots...
and regular carrots, Danvers #I26... Radish - Sparkler.... Last, green onions or bunching onions...


     I'm supposed to keep them moist so that they will sprout... To be honest, I have been trying but well, I have not been to consistent.. What is wrong with me... !!! But, I'm doing it...


The ever notion of Ideas...
    

     Does inspiration ever try to hide from "the would be" gardener?  Sometimes, it does for me. I have so many ideas, but I  can't seem to get organized enough to make them real.


     So the thought is that I would write them in my Tangent Journal and try to remember to make them real.. You know, that homemade birdbath or that beautifully planted flower bed for the butterflies... I have to say I do struggle...  I love to look at things and say, "I can do that!"  That is half the battle right?  Well, now the other half of the battle nags at my cognitive soul...

 
     Would you agree that if every inspiration, thought or notion come to pass and be conquered, make a better dream life?  I guess... Or would it be better to keep working at it and making one idea at a time come to life... I don't know... I do know that... when I see one idea come to be real, the next thing in line can be too...

     So the next inspiration that comes, when it comes, Tangent be thy name... It will be screaming I made that or that inspired me to do this. 
     Okay, Yes inspiration is short right now, all I want to do is plant my seeds, but Mother Nature is playing around and teasing us by saying "See what a wonderfully warm day it is, you can plant now", but then she decides to sneak and show her power and make it 39 degrees out or colder in some places at a blink of an eye... so if thats how it is, I guess, I have to play along too... ( hear the aggravation in my voice...)

     Update on the Fur Kids...

Piglet relaxing in a box lid...
     Piglet is doing well, and taking her meds like a trooper... Her disposition is still a little harsh with the little ones but she is becoming more tolerable each day...  They "the little ones" really try hard to play with her or get her to join in  on playtime, but she is still a little resistant... So, here is to high hopes, to get her to feel like a kitten again.... 

When Peanut was just a little thing....

Butter, seeing what I'm doing!...

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain