Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Traditions, Old and New!

    This past Thanksgiving weekend has truly been interesting to say the least.. I'm not sure how to bring anyone up to date, since my last post. 

   Let's see, I started off by having Thanksgiving dinner with my family. Thanksgiving is always done at my mothers home. It is always the same, that can be counted on. Dinner at 4'clock, eat and stuff self to oblivion, then immediately do the dishes for two hours, and then head home to be incredibly tired from all that instant fattening up and work, all wrapped into one experience.

   I usually make a thanksgiving  dinner for my family  the day after in my home.. This is usually an enjoyment... turkey, mash potatoes  & gravy, green beans, stuffing, dessert, left-overs etc..  I generally think this is the thing to do... But my mind has turned to new and inspired ways of things...





   Everything  as I know it to be... changed as of this year...

   This change is the most improved idea...  A new meaning for me to have a yearly tradition... of which... I don't have traditions yet.. some people go to "The Dunes" to ride quads and sand-rails for Thanksgiving, or go out of town to places such as Las Vegas, and some shop the infamous "Black Friday" sales .. by which have done all and well not something wonderful for me,
And just not what I'm in to these days... 

   The traditions mostly consist of going to my mothers to have a holiday dinner... Now, don't think that I am not appreciative by any means I am I love it ... But

   Traditions  are also meant to begin and continue...

   By which, I think it has been done!...


   I have lived in the southwest all of my life with an exception of a few years living in Florida...

   I am not a connoisseur in styles of cooking but I am a exceptional dabbler, I love to try new ideas and foods... Although,  Boils are not new, it is to me...
 

   This weekend, a Crab & Shrimp Boil commenced and I must say, "it was Brilliant!"  I have always desired to attend a real Louisiana Crawfish style Boil... Unfortunately, I have never had a chance.

   So "We" thought that having one for ourselves would be the next best thing... We invited all our friends and their immediate family, it couldn't have been too much better...


    The ambiance was sensational, the weather was in full agreement, the food and drinks were endless...


In short this was an incredible experience...
  

   When coming to Traditions,  This is one that I would like to continue every Thanksgiving weekend... have a boil of some sort, It is wonderfully easy entertainment for guests, (maybe more for very close friends, simply because of how cozy it really does get), this is it...

     This was the begining of the feast... in my apple bobbin bucket, we were still filling it up with good stuff...

    But.... by the nights end sittin' by the fire pit,




   The boil began to dwindle down into the wee hours of the night, friends leaving filled with food and drink. I was secretly thinking what am I going to do with the left over food,... (mmmm... all for us, to have left overs like the "traditional leftovers" as usual!) lol!

   I can honestly say this was the utmost amazing night, and feeling this incredibly short and stressful year wasn't all bad...


Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain