Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Monday, June 18, 2012

What one finds!

     What one finds, the heavy leaf that covers the glory... What one finds, the hidden friends... What one finds, the outcome to a story intriguing... Well, hopefully...

     I have been in great anticipation for these cucumbers to actually produce, but golly it did..

This is the runner up!

First in place

Prized pick of the day!!!



 I have no worries for it now. It proved that it could.  Now I have great hopes that I will get more than two cucumbers..

     Is that selfish of me?  Maybe...


Kitchen Magick!!!

     I have had a glorious day in the kitchen yesterday! 

     Let me start by saying, the Carrot Confiture is superb...

     I did change it up a bit... instead of adding almonds, I added pistachios. and instead of cooking for only the ten or fifteen minutes, I went a full 25 min...  I also did not puree it, I made it chunky... 

     This made all the difference in the world...

Carrots are stewing

almost ready to chunk up!


I got two and a half jars...
Smeared on zucchini bread...


That isn't all of my deeds in the kitchen.. 

     I made Zucchini Bread...

This is no ordinary Zucchini Bread...

   This recipe is amazing...

I stumbled across this recipe when I wanted to bake banana bread one year, I didn't have bananas, but I had Zucchini, and I had tomato soup.... LOL...

You're probably thinking, What? Tomato soup?  I thought the same thing, but it goes to show you that the intrigue is there huh?

So this recipe is from a Campbell's soup recipe card... I did verify it on-line as well...

TOMATO ZUCCHINI BREAD

3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups sugar
10 3/4 ounces Campbell's Healthy Request condensed tomato soup
6 egg whites
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups zucchini, shredded (2 small)
1 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pans with cooking spray.

Mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.

Mix sugar, soup, egg whites, oil and vanilla. Add to flour mixture, stirring just to moisten. Fold in zucchini and raisins. Pour into prepared pans.

Bake in center of oven 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on rack.

Makes 2 loaves
Source: Campbell's


Photo: Zucchini bread....

The recipe seems long, but it isn't... 

Not only I created these delicious morsels, but since I had so many tomatoes, I made my home made salsa, 

and I made bruschetta... 

Which that online recipe/website or is it a ring, well, any how, it is amazing


Then last but not the least... 

Just when the thought of those little friends, the ones that I thought I driven away at the time I had to be so drastic with pesticides back in January, 


Hello My Friend! Glad to see you back!
Look,....
Hanging out in the compost pile...
 A pretty pic to leave you with...

Nicotinia or Tobacco flower...



Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain