Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Question?




      A question was thrown out in an interview I've read, and it made me really think! I mean, really think, it bothered me to no end...  referring this question towards Gardening, (mainly @ Tangent).

     Why are you doing this?  (What a question, why do anything right? But, this one really made me restless.) I felt like I was five again, asking all the questions, trying to get the answers from my elders...
When that vision drifted, I envisioned myself as the elder, trying to answer these endless "ummm" questions, like the famous question that any child or my girls asked, "Why is the sky blue?" My response, I'm sure any thinking parent would say, Go ask Daddy!..... (or Mommy!)

      

      Well, I have thought about this before and all the puffy and simple reasons came up first!
Like, it's a hobby, I grow my own vegetables, it's quiet time,  it will be done, or die tryin', etc.... (there are a couple more but anyway!)


     I don't know why I became so engrossed on this thought! Maybe it's because it connects to the theory of anything I do in project style, I never complete.


     As the weather starts to put itself in check I can start back on some of last years projects, see if I can finish them . Or maybe any of my new thoughts or ideas, I will make sure to finish...


     Like this one, where my shed was going to become a type of green house, I had lamps and shelving and workspace all ready to use and couldn't bring myself to go in there to do anything.. I guess, the element of atmosphere is most important too.. Plus, well it was a shed, not a work space!

     Which comes project "cocktail garden" or whatever it becomes... I can vision sitting there with some unwinding old fashioned drink and taking in the atmosphere... It doesn't seem to unattainable... but as other things, like budgets, and time get in the way, of course ...
     I really plan on getting this particular project done, if anything to have a template for the next cocktail, garden I intend to create, when a slower pace of life starts calling... somehow I can hear a faint whisper in the wind telling me it's almost time... as I hear this, I hear the inner voice saying, I am so not prepared... I am ready for it, but, am not prepared...

Possibly having one of these might help.... (or not)

Vodka Thyme Cocktail

Vodka Thyme Cocktail Recipe
Ingredients
  • fresh thyme
  • 2 oz. vodka
  • 1 oz. fresh lime juice
  • 1 oz. sugar
  • ice
Fill a cocktail glass with ice and set aside.  Muddle 3 or 4 thyme sprigs in a cocktail shaker, then add ice, vodka, lime juice and sugar.  Close shaker and shake vigorously.  Strain over the ice in the glass and garnish with another thyme sprig.

By  http://theframedtable.com/2012/07/vodka-thyme-cocktail/
 *Also having other delish cocktails to refer to!
   
     As it stands, I am accumulating drink recipes and maybe even little tasty treats to go along with them... All based on what is growing and of course or what is available in the area...

    So based on the Question I asked!  What am I doing this for?    Still working on a theory,  but coming to the ultimate answer which could change as time keeps marching,


     So far, for the simple pleasures... like atmosphere and good company with drinks...

     Maybe asking yourself this question once in awhile puts it in to perspective...
 I think I will ask this question a lot just to keep a perspective! lol

       What are you doing it for?
    
Happy Gardening!


Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain