Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Sunday, January 20, 2013

renewal


 From Life to....




 The recent desert freeze destroyed everything that Tangent was...
 I can't tell you how uninterested I am in this garden now...  Every time I walk out to evaluate it, I just sigh, turn around with head hanging low. 

Of course, I walk back inside and I feel the urge of renewal nudging me...  What is it about Renewal that keeps coaxing me? 

Is it the excitement of not knowing, or Is it the excitement of knowing? 

Is this the feeling of burning desire to create?  Because, it is flaming, right Now!
  
Transformation (A.K.A: Death)

eggplant, my favorite...



Jalapeno

My blood thirsty bougainvillea( frost to this is like the sun to a vampire...)

The white eggplant.. with what was left on it, I didn't really know about!

Lettuce seems to be ok a little wilted but ok

Down Pepper Row.

     But desire or not, I am contemplating a new plan for the spring plantings, I realized that it is in the realm of Renewal!  I'm not sure how I feel about it.. I mean I have my concepts of what I want to do for the Cocktail Garden, but I never thought about what I wanted for the vegetable garden.

     Now! Do I want a Theme for it? Like only certain things, for example, a Salsa Garden, a Pizza Garden? or what?  I seems as if I make more salsa than anything, so that would be the likely thing Right? But would that just be expected?

     Isn't renewal another way of creating different experiences?  When I think of "Renewal" I think of reaching a new front, a point that is like the WOW Factor!

     I am devising a layout that will be a little different, and I hope to be able to achieve it, as most know... Mother Nature always does it her way, never my way, always her way, a little "Alice in Wonderland" coming out of me... My favorite childhood book... Always feeling like screaming "Off with their head".... Just in the garden you know...

     But when I finally get to the achievement point, Mother Nature steps in...  I guess that's all good, what is life with out transformation! It's just that I would like to have couple moments more of the whew, or awe factor...

Remnants of the Freak Freeze!!  

     Cocktail Garden area in dire straits.... We did all we could to keep the damage as less as possible, but it didn't curb much...






     The Cocktail Garden has been compromised too... much to my dismay I think that my garden won't be a secret for awhile, so I hope that HOA, won't have some sort of hissy fit for having seating and pots of pretty plants visible... Because that will just completely SUCK!!!!!!


     But the Coarse still migrates on... I am finding all kinds of Cocktail drinks and finger foods to have with friends...

Drinks and Eats to enjoy....

Cucumber-Rosemary Gin and Tonic

Cucumber-Rosemary Gin and Tonic – Recipe


Ingredients

2 oz of Gin
5 oz of Tonic Water
3 cucumber slices
1 sprig of rosemary
1 wedge of lime
Soda Water

How to make Cucumber-Rosemary Gin and Tonic

Place the cucumber slices at the bottom of the highball glass. Squeeze lime juice into glass and slightly muddle the cucumber. Add sprig of rosemary and fill highball glass with ice. Add Gin, tonic, and finish off with a splash of soda water. If you prefer a less sweet cocktail, add less tonic water and more soda water. Enjoy!

http://bestfoodcooking.com/cucumber-rosemary-gin-and-tonic-recipe/


Zucchini Parmesan Crisps



How To Make   Zucchini Parmesan Crisps
adapted from Ellie Krieger's recipe in The Food You Crave: Luscious Recipes for a Healthy Life
  • 1 lb. zucchini or squash (about 2 medium-sized)
  • 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan (heaping)
  • 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs (heaping)
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • freshly ground pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking sheets with foil and spray lightly with vegetable spray.
Slice zucchini or squash into 1/4 inch-thick rounds. Toss rounds with oil, coating well.
In a wide bowl or plate, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, salt and pepper.
Place rounds in Parmesan-breadcrumb mixture, coating both sides of each round, pressing to adhere. The mixture will not completely cover each round, but provides a light coating on each side.
Place rounds in a single layer on baking sheets. Sprinkle any remaining breadcrumb mixture over the rounds.
Bake for about 22 to 27 minutes, until golden brown. (There is no need to flip them during baking -- they crisp up on both sides as is.)


http://blackjackbakehouse.com/home/2011/7/20/zucchini-parmesan-crisps.html

 I would for myself add a small hint of rosemary.... too...

enjoy!

Happy Gardening...


Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain