Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Monday!

   As most average families and friends, are cooking out on the grill, I chose to, as it stands to reason, cook indoors where it is much cooler, 

   I have to First and foremost say to all the incredibly brave people out there that put their lives on the line everyday for our lives, THANK YOU!

Happy Labor Day too!
  I hope that all who took part in the long week-end, had an eventful and happy one!

HOT!!   YES!!!

  Now, it's starting to feel a little better in the mornings, awhhh!, but it's still hot out! 
It is suppose to rain tomorrow.  Hooray, but, Will "we" get some is the question!?!


Aphids How Irritating!

   I have been really babying the Bird House Gourds. I'm so worried that I will loose them to the aphids too, like I did the pumpkin. I have been using the soap water trick and spraying them with the hose like recommendations say to but, I don't know if it will make a difference. I just hope it will.


 So as I was looking through I found a sprout, What do you think it is? I think that it could be Okra!?!
The plant the seed came from
Here is the seed!


   It was still on the plant, I pulled it off, it seems like Okra! I guess I will see...



Basil!!

   So, I found that baby making for basil is surely easy for it! Look at the basil nursery...


   This is the Basil bush that the basil nursery is under...
 



    And here is another baby basil patch ha-ha-ha! Right in the center of the garden patch..
   When I said "I hope that they come up voluntarily", I meant for next season like spring, way to go Mother Nature!!!  She is very unpredictable isn't she!




   I did a major amount of weeding this week-end and still have some to go.  But I am sure that all feels the same way about that. It will never go away.

My new plant friends!   

   I am so happy about the squash growing and even through the trampling of the neighborhood cat...


   Along with the radish and carrots so far so good, I even think, My eye sees, that  I have tomato plantlings amongst them...






   I wonder if I can plant them somewhere else, without putting them into shock???  I had thinned the radishes after this picture, this morning...


Bell Peppers...
   I have a huge production with Bell Peppers, They are so happy right now, I hope that I can get a great crop, Loook! They are beautiful, they probably won't be huge, yet! But I know I will get quite a few...






   HA-HA-HA!!!! I can't wait for them!

 
Green Beans...

   I took some time and helped my green beans up off the ground on to the lattice, they certainly are lazy, Look how they look now!




Pumpkins

   I went through the pumpkin, I do still spray them down with the soap water and the hose, I did cut and prune away the dead stuff... this is what I got...


   I still don't think I will get a pumpkin this time around but I still like that it is there,

   It gives me the feeling of fall coming soon...

   Fall is going to be a really nice time, I have such big plans... I soon will be able to get my container garden in the front yard started... My plans are in the works...

 Off to catch up on other blogs!!
  



Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain