Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Rain, wind, and chasing umbrellas Ha-Ha-ha!!!...

    It has really been eventful around here, Last night, a storm blew through here with-out any thought... We knew that there were chances of severe thunderstorms but didn't think that "we" had a chance of getting any rain. Before we knew it, rain and thunder were pounding at our door and slamming against the window, and I am chasing my patio umbrella down the street... ha-ha-ha! Well not really but, it did blow in to the neighbors yard.
    Thank you husband for retrieving the umbrella standing in the rainstorm... Most of the rain was being blown sideways. So accurately calculating it in my rain gauge won't be happening... I do have some rain from the other storms that past through during the night... 5/8th of an inch... There was even a bit of hail that happened too...
 
   
   It looks like there might more rain on the way tonight... Hooray!!!

   So I decided to plant some more pumpkin seeds, to see what would happen. I planted it in the same spot of where the pumpkin I did have there... Here is to hoping...

Old Pumpkin... waiting on the, New Pumpkin...


   I, then thought I would plant some lettuce too.  I planted Grand Rapids, and Mesclun. I planted the lettuce by the jalapeno bush, on both sides of it, as a matter of fact.

Grand Rapids

Mesclun Mix

   The time is coming to start planting my front yard container gardens... I am really being impatient, especially to start my containers... I want to get those going to have some great tomatoes and stuff out there...

    I have some pots that I want to use too, but rule of thumb... Use great potting soil that will benefit the plants and the pot, so I will be going to the local store to find some good yummy soil for the containers to have successful gardens...

   I will be purchasing two other pots to set off the look... of course "they" are not selling the same type of pots, I will have to find two other design types though.

   But I think that it will be necessary to have them different to give it a not so "cookie cutter" look..


   Baking season will be here in some short few weeks I can't wait... I want to bake cookies and make candy, and have fall festivities...

   I have come across a network blog, I have posted it up towards the bottom of my blog, please stop by and visit it and join if you like... Hope to see ya... Say hey, on Facebook too if you can...

   I did find some more fascinating blogs to read up on...

Complete Remembrance on 9/11... Thoughts and hopes and tears shed, to bring to those in need, all the compassion, and care to those affected... My thoughts to all..

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain