Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Havoc Renderd...

    I can finally sit down and write about Tangent...  All week, I have been going to work in the dark, (that will continue) and coming home in the dark (that ended).. Yea! Its over... I can at last spend time and see the havoc that is...

R.I.P. Pumpkin

    I found that my pumpkin gave its last ummphh on Thursday morning, withered and died, So now, I have not a hope for Halloween pumpkins... sigh! The barren spot of where the pumpkin was...

But a couple of Basil plants that seems to like and is staying in place...
Ho-Humm... what to do now???

Bird House Gourd Saga...

    I am still battling the aphids that have attacked my Bird House Gourds, It is increasingly harder to get rid of them... (and Im starting to panic). I am using soapy water and spraying them like it has said to but, I don't feel I am being very effective. I think that I am going to have to go with Neem oil, which I have never used before and frankly kind of worried and upset about that...











The picture makes it look like a flippin' monster,  I have quite a few little gourds but, it seems that it is taking forever for them to get bigger... The flowers are incredibly beautiful, but the smell of the plant, well, let's just say isn't as elegant... (they kind of smell like cat pee)...



Weather

    Hey!!!! We got a lightening show and a little bit of rain last night, about 5 or 10 minutes worth of rain...  It has been so extremely hot this past week... Then yesterday, and last night we were lucky to get some change of temps. The lightening show was pretty incredible, the breeze made it bearable to be outside, during the evening...   SO HOORAY! Hopefully the heat will be the break or is on the way to intense joy...

If you can see the amount, it looks like two tenths but actually it's even less than that... 

New Tangent Plant-lings
 
    I am getting great little plants, the white bush scallop squash, the carrots, and the radish is on it's way to being delish... I think I will be planting some lettuce, today... and some green onions...



  









I don't think that I have enough flowers mixed in and amongst the others, I think that would be helpful...
I should look to see what would be of help at this time of season...

A Pleasant Surprise
 
I found a plant that looks like a pepper plant, and that is very cool, because it just came to be there, and that to me means I must be doing something right! (?)...



Questionable Moments

  Along the thoughts of my "Hitchcock Birds",  I step outside yesterday evening, just as the dark had commenced and I noticed that there were more feathers than the usual bird scuffles which happen amongst them from spot bullying, and it dawned on me that there must have been an attack on them from neighborhood cats...  Intense sadness, Thoughts to my little bird friend, and to Mr. or Ms. Neighborhood Cat.. I am watching for you, with water hose in hand and ready to aimmmmm.....  I will be thinking in ninja spirit, to sneak up on you like the dark .... wahhhaaahhhh!!!  The battle will be of Crane vs Tiger..... as my teenager says make it Epic.... mawaaahhhahahhh!!



   Shazam Update!

   For those that might remember Shazam, well last weekend he had his first cut and trim.. and He looks amazing... Look!!!  There are a lot of buds ready to open on him!!


Well off to enjoy some less hot weather.. yeahhh!!

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain