Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Friday, October 14, 2011

Attack of Seven! OMG!

    Yesterday, I was taking in what tangent was doing, you know the typical, pluck a weed or two, prune a basil, water a plant etc... Realizing my "ah-ha moment" Thank you friend Chad...!

(you know, the kick start)...

     If I had never took the phrase and ran with it... I would've never found what I did...

    "What did I find you ask?". OMG!!! The attack of the tomato horn caterpillars....

OMG!! This was # 8....

     I found SEVEN on my fabulous JalapeƱos... You see, I was thinking that it seemed a little stressed, I couldn't figure out why...

It sure did pay off
           too get in that bush and muster around some...

   So here is a link, really kinda cool!

http://www.gardengrapevine.com/TomatoWorm.html

     I don't know if any gardening friends are having this much difficulty with  critters, but Geez, it can be exhausting... what with ....

  • Stink Bugs
  • white flies
  • aphids
  • ants
  • Scorpions
  • TomatoHorns
  • last but certainly not least, Spittle bugs!!!
     No tellin' what will be next,  So some words of encouragement, (to self and to whom else)

"Little by little, one travels far."  
-J R R Tolkien 

     Well, maybe this is not the correct phrase but it does say something to me!  Like get off the lazy duff and do something!!  Homework for the weekend, or if there are some tips out there to share!! Big Smiley face :0)

     But the truth is I think tangent is off kilter, out of balance, tipsy, whatever the word would be, mainly because I used pesticides on tangent, out of dire straights..

     Lessoned learned, tackle by using organic first, then wipe out when not working.... Oh, that's the ticket!


     I have the history of making  Basil Jelly!! (delish by the way) not to toot my own horn ya know!


But.... HOW ABOUT 

         ROSEMARY JELLY!!!!




     I made this the day before yesterday, and I thought basil was tasty... You must try Rosemary Jelly!
I got the recipe from allrecipes.com
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/rosemary-jelly/detail.aspx


     I was in the kitchen yesterday, baking away, I made carrot-cake sandwich cookies... I thought these were so delish and simple enough that anybody can make them... There were a couple of changes I would make... but over all great for having after dinner or having guest, etc....
    I went to www.Pillsbury.com

Six Weeks Ago....

    My Mina, 




     It has been Six long weeks, This day, that my Mina kitty has passed... I miss her very much.

     There are times I catch myself seeing a shadow on my steps, or out of the corner of the eye, thinking she is going to her favorite spot "The Food Dish".  Seventeen years of her around me, certainly is something to give into and not get over anytime soon..

     The candle is lit for her and remembrance is constant..


Am I Lazy? Maybe! 

    I admit I have very sloppy and lazy when it comes to my seedlings...

 HENCE!!!

Example A:


         Clean and new and happy!


 Example B:

               To leggy and dry and  not very happy!
        So Week-end project,.... Time to replant them  in bigger pots!!!!
                    I also need to figure out where to put these buggers! Ha - Ha -Ha!!!


Some Eye Candy

            Okay not what you were thinkin... but the gardens love color!!!


          Now to leave you with some brilliant colors to look at!




Neon Lights Mix

                      Swiss Chard




 

  


 





Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain