Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Saturday, October 8, 2011

How Does It Go? Peter Piper Pecked How Many Peppers?

Just kidding, I know the story, Peter Picked a Peck of Peppers,

   I am feeling quite rejuvenated with my peppers this go around... So, It is my intentions to make a meal out of them Today!

I have a decent harvest, but they are small. It has been said, pick and they produce more. Guess who is pickin' and who wants more! 

On the menu today:


Fajitas

I don't want to give all of my secrets away, but here is one to go with,


Penzeys  spices
http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/shophome.html
    A good piece of meat to marinate in the spices from Penzeys...
Yummy homemade salsa, warm chips, tortillas and delish cheese, and not to forget ice cold beer to wash it all down...

   As for the peppers, marinate them and then stir them up over a medium high heat until soft..  Yumm!


Then the end result the ultimate delish ever... Okay, I am bias...


Weather

   OMG! It has been wonderful, cool and brilliant, I wish it would stay like this. Next week, however it is predicted to be in the triple digits as of, yet again... BOO! Hiss!! Boo!!!!....


Sum up Of My little eden....

   Tangent is in a bit of disarray, my compost pile is a bit scattered, grass is a little grown. Oh and my compost bin lid squished a gecko, eewwwuuuee! I had to clean that. GROssss!

APHIDS...
I am still fighting the wretched aphids, they are on my squash... errrr!!!


But look at my little new bush scallops...

Isn't it cute!! Now let's see if it will hang out for me to get!



   I'm still getting eggplant (ya, for me)...

     My yard is a bit dry, so watering is in order.

  My container garden is lookin' excellent, just in a week or so, look at how well they are doing!!!



    Filling the pot in really well, don't you think?

Another pretty picture to look at to leave you with....


  
BHG'S Flower..  (Bird House Gourd)


   



    Finally, I do have my post e-mailed to me also, in order keep up with how they are sent and what they look like.
    The last post sent out to those that are subscribed, I apologize about how it looked. I don't know what happened. I will try to find out. I am still learning and I hope that you will bear with me for those moments.. Thanks for any and all understanding...











Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain