Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Blessings!

     So not only I was lucky enough to have a Thanksgiving dinner, But I was lucky enough to attend two..
I went over to my Mom's house and she had the most marvelous spread on her table, I can not totally understand where this woman can get the energy to have such a great menu to feed everyone in One day..

On her menu, and as informal as it was she found the words to say a blessing too.


 Turkey, mash potatoes and gravy, rolls, green bean casserole, sweet yams with the marshmallows, cheesy cauliflower, deviled eggs, corn, and Then to top it off,...

Homemade Apple pie, pumpkin pie, and cheese cake.... There were twelve of us to eat a feast like this... Oh My Gosh!

In mid evening after a big plate of food, I  found the need to go and walk a mile by which I did.. Oh boy I needed it...

Here are the pictures of my Mothers Dinner...

Mothers Beautiful Bird!!




Homemade Apple Pie
Mothers table Spread
My beautiful daughters trying to get along!!!

Then as the evening went on, we came home knowing that we will be doing this again in the morning ... "Oh my geeze"... But in truth when some one loves to do something you can't stop and say oh well, You just do it! Right?

So I wake up this morning and My wonderful hubby had the Turkey in water to rinse him off and get him ready to stuff and  in the oven by a certain time, I got the dressing ready... (Recipe that was passed on to me, by my wonderful mother, from her Mother)

My menu consisted of...
    As it was

Turkey, mashed potatoes gravy, greenbean casserole, yams with marshmallows, corn and croissants,  deviled eggs, and my pumpkin pie and cheese cake...

The turkey I made....

Deviled Eggs



Green bean casserole, dressing, and Candied Yams
My little spread for just us...
Then at last Pumpkin pie....

After our little (I say "little" lightly) dinner, We got ourselves up and started to do a clean up, Then decided to go for another mile walk, so much food in two days, well my girlish figure is saying to me "your muffin-ing instead of looking curvy"... lol... Who am I to not look curvy?... hahaha!

PEANUT ANTICS.....

Through-out the day, I have to share the antics Peanut was performing... Oh Boy!

So in some moment of her crazy self she decided to have a true feud with whitey the wolf, whatever he did I'm sure he deserved it, because well see for yourself, Peanut was just crazed with cat-angst.....


Very mad... Holding wolfy in a death grip!

In a grab and roll, Yelling at wolfy "What did you say to me?"

Death grip, yelling, in the death roll, "Bad dog!!!"

All tuckered out after that gang war!
Being that angel as she truly is!
I'm at a point in my life that everything in it, I am truly grateful for, I have great kids, a wonderful husband, the comedy of my cats to make me laugh, a job, my garden to keep  me sensitive to the needs of others, to top it off, I'm finding the most amazing blogger friends...
I hope that everything in my life continues to soar and show me incredible things and points of intrigue (point of views too) ... That is the blessing I'm grateful for...


Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain