Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Companion planting - gardening... What is it?   Why is it a good Idea?

  Well, first it is plants that compliment each others needs.  For example, tall plants benefits shade loving plants, or bugs benefiting plants (attracting good bugs to get rid of bad bugs).

   Also may I say "Organic" which is always an extreme plus.

   So say I want to plant uhmmm! Tomatoes -  Planting onions and marigolds next to them keep away the nasty bugs that want to eat your tomatoes.   * Is it a good idea? *  


No!

It's a GREAT IDEA!!!!

  Being in AZ, the heat helps with a dramatic impact on ... disease, drought, pestilence... Oh my!
Ok, ok, extreme... somewhat maybe!

So it's a fantastic idea.

   If this was done more, maybe the need for pesticides would be reduced to minimum amounts. Gardens
could produce better, and more naturally.

Yes! I am on another tangent!

 Is it something to think about?

 No! 

It is something to just do... You know the phrase already!

Just do **!"





 TOOLS -

   What is your favorite tool of the shed?

   Well, many items could be a" fav", but I have to say I have two items!
      




  One being my pruners, and the other MY hands... What a great pair! (ha! I know there is a funny in there somewhere)...

Either of them will do magnificent jobs  ...

One tool will shape and contour your ideas and desires , the other tools feel and comforts the plant, the earth, it's roots and such ...


So what was the question I asked?

Oh! That's right!

What is your favorite tool of the shed?

         Well,     What is your answer?

Think about it, you may be surprised!


 *** Excessive Heat ***
    Two days ago it  reached   117°
Drink water! drink water! drink water!!
           *very important*

 Pumpkin and Green Beans sittin' in the ground...   Kiss.... (No jus' kiddin').....

    Well, I think that I will plant pumpkin in that sunny spot in July, plus one other plant, and...... drum roll Please..... I have decided that plant will be green beans...


   This will tackle two jobs at once... put nitrogen in to the ground and pumpkins will be able help shade the soil for the green beans...

Can we say companion planting? someone!


That's what I'm talkin' about!
                       Are you kiddin' me!   
I'm actually acting on solutions... OMG!

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain