Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Lettuce

 Good Morning to all the Father's out there.  Happy Fathers Day!

   I was scrounging through my pots, as I was saying I would like to use a container for my lettuce,
but I am very concerned about them surviving the heat. I think if I am going to use pots I should wait. Then again, if I don't give it a go, I would never know if it is worth my time. Hm, what to do.

What kind of lettuce is forgiving?  (meaning that can tolerate torture of the unbearable). 
  
   I happen to love all different loose leaf types mixed together.
So I know this, lettuce won't tolerate heat and extreme sun. They "bolt" a term that I understand to mean is a do or die situation. Heat gives them the sensation of having to reproduce, they want to be pollinated... have seedlings...,and hope to keep the generations going.. Sound familiar?

   Shade, moisture, and a pot big enough to make a variety for beautiful salads..


Moving on to My intruder! Who in the world would make holes in such perfection!!!!  

Let the Sleuthing commence.  Birds come to my yard all the time. 

Could it be,? Mr. Meany? dadadadannnn!
My guess is,...   Mr.Meany,  In the Garden, with a pick...! (of a beak)!
To be Continued...

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain