Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Friday, August 5, 2011

Container Garden To Commence "Eventually..."

   I'm beginning my container garden, in the front yard...  I went to my local hardware store and bought my pots. I needed a second opinion so I had my husband go with me.  The pots that I thought about were okay, I just kept hee-hawing with it...  You know couldn't make up my mind. I like them because they were nice and big.
   But my husband as usual made a point.. Remember, plastic pots ahhhh!!, everything I had in those plastic pots died.        I murdered my chili peppers.   Remember !!!!!

   So husband said, ickk... I don't like plastic!!, Anything but plastic!... Well, okay, that means a shift in price and a different path of thinking...

   I walked around the store, trying to rethink... All the pots I liked were $50.00 and above... a big jump from what I was going to pay..


   So I found  two pots that were just a bit smaller, not by much you see, but just enough.

   The magic of it wasn't that they weren't made of plastic...
   It was, that they were only $13.00 a piece. What? AND They were made of clay?

   That means the pot I want for the third area can pretty much be anything, any price... Hooray!  

   Here they are... Now, they are not symmetrical and I find that a bit of a head scratcher. But, that's okay. My husband said it wasn't a big deal to change up the drips...
   Next, I will be yanking out that bush... I probably won't be doing that until it cools down some... 110 degree weather is not my ideal working atmosphere..



 Sunflower Experiment!

   So I am very excited to see that these sunflowers are taking off to be wonderfully bright  happy flowers...


I did go out to check on my experiment and they were thirsty.. so I watered...



Why Does This Happen?

We have not had a decent cucumber out of this plant yet! First they kind of curl weirdly, then as they grow, they take on this color that is almost like albino...  Then when I pick one or the "one" they are so bitter...

Here is a picture of one that has died, or I'm not sure what you call it....




    Now most of them end up like this... I am so disappointed... but I guess that this is a learning moment, but I'm not sure what I'm learning though...




Zucchini trying to do something...

    I'm not sure "what" this zucchini is trying to do... but it is trying something. It has a bunch of flowers and I really don't think it is zucchini, I still think it is yellow squash.. I just figured it wasn't going to do anything and I was just going to yank it out.. but look


The color of it is so neat... so I'll just see what it'll do..



I have Parsley...

Isn't it cool lookin'? I'm so excited.. I  usually can't keep it growing or around long enough to have any to use... I'm going in and sniping as soon as I can... Hooray!


I know, a bit messy.... but I will get in there and clean things up some too...

But a huge bonus for me!!!

My poor Sage plant!

It was so hot outside, That my poor sage plant looked like it was melting!

I did have a regular work day, I couldn't get outside to do any watering. Sage was drooping so much, that I will be surprised if it perks back up....


I guess we will see in the morning if all will be okay!

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain