Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

You know your having a bad day when your plants are having a bad too! I now have a regular work week again. It is really hard to go out in the morning and see all the exciting stuff in the garden.. 

But I do have real fun news to tell, and some that is a bit aggravating, First the fun news...

 Look! I have flowers on My Birdhouse Gourds!!!




 What does that mean? Will I have Gourds (Yessss!) I hope?

Now....

**The Aggravating News.. **

   The trellis is not working at all! It flopped over! I am really not sure what to do about it. So "live and learn" phrase has come to mind.

A new way or term for having the Floppies???





The weather is hot and miserable, and nothing in the garden is very happy, other than the bell peppers saying "hooray" for giving us room to sprout.. 

It's supposed to rain again tonight....

HELLO?????      I see "NOTHING"   again...

Dear Mother Nature
Please give us some rain? please?, Tangent will love you for it.. (so will I!!! )



Back to Basil

I know, I know, almost through with basil...

So hopefully on Saturday or Sunday, if nothing comes up, I would like to make Basil Jelly... I have to get new lids and some sugar. It will take about 5 cups to do so..

I will do it step by step, and take pictures.. Hopefully it will be tasty... and easy enough...


 These will be the donors!!  Beautiful HUH!?!

Two Cups worth!!

 Pumpkin News!!!!

Looking at the pumpkin, I found a few flowers,



and what I think is a female flower.

It started to get dark outside, that's why it's fuzzy and dark

   Is there such a thing for pumpkins?  Well, I thought it was a hopeful sign for them to come. What do you think? I am excited to get something! SOON!


Another new visitor or visitors!!

   I was checking out the cucumber, trying to decide how to tackle this monstrous thing called a cucumber plant, I was moving it all around... Something scurried, so thinking prying eyes want to know, I started prying, I seen one, so I thought I would try for a snap shot, didn't get it. Huge sigh, Then again, Seen another scurry,  it must of known it was going to be famous. It stood still...
And here it is!

      Mr. Gecko...


 But that isn't all!!! There must of been two more scurries that went by... I have a garden full of geckos.. That is a good sign huh!!


The mystery squash plant...

 My zucchini or yellow squash or whatever is taking a long time to do something....  It has quite a few flowers and a couple of veggies one good sized one...



Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain