Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Unscheduled Hiatus Today! OOps!

   Day before yesterday, was a start of painting my daughters bedroom. I thought that I would get away with her taking care of it. She had a real great start, then, well peetered out completely.. Guess who had to take the reins... Me that's who? Mom to the rescue!
  
   So when I got up yesterday, my routine was messed up, I only had One cup of coffee, just one, ahhh!!, and off to the hardware store to pick up a few more things to finish off her room... Then the rest of the afternoon, all we did was paint. I had no time to be in the garden, on the blog, eat, until later in the afternoon.   

   Oh! and by the way, the room looks amazing... We went with a tropical theme.. Fun huh?

  

   But, I found something at the store that, well, put me on a "tangent" yet again...  I don't know anything about them. I had one way back "when", someone had bought one for me, well, As you may have guessed, I Murdered it! Yes! I think, I am a  plant serial killer...LOL!

   On with the "tangent" .....

             May I introduce to you the new plant (victim)...  




   Phalaenopsis "Moth Orchid". It's great for beginners. A fast grower.. Or that is what is told for me to believe.  I really don't know why I decided to get it, I have always loved the look of them.

   Here is to A New Tangent!




Look at this pumpkin grow!!

     I have been amazed before, and yet I'm amazed again, Loook at this PUMPKIN it's beautiful,

     I can't wait to see what it well bring!!!




Green beans-
         are doing okay... Their not as happy, as when I planted them the first time. They are however trooping along..










Bird House Gourds- 

       are just shootin' up there. I think, they are very happy don't you?


   I am taking some compost from the pile and the term I just learned is side dress them. It shouldn't cook them, but the way the temps.. have been lately... I still will be worried..





Here are some of my bird friends.. 

Dove and sparrow that like to have breakfast at Tangent Gardens...




   Although sometimes the feather carnage they leave, has me to believe, bar brawls goes on..  They certainly can be mean to each other.
   Did you know that they slap each other with their wings, and when that doesn't work, they pull each others feathers out... Sometimes I think it's my fault for feeding them..  But they wait outside on the fence, all lined up like the hitchcock film, "The Birds"..  dooo dooo dooo dooo.... (twilight Zone)...


   Remember, Crazier than well you know... sometimes I get the feeling that it might be true.. not only that feeling exists once in awhile, it's proven...

    So while in the hardware store, I saw a garden item that was on sale for 1/2 off.. I didn't need this thing at all.. But like all of us, at sometime or another, we concede under the impulse buying category, (every now and then..right?) 

    I had to have it.. At that moment, in the bussel of need, in that state mind it was considerably rational.. It made perfect sense. I get it home. I get it in the ground. I stand back. I eyeball it at different angles. It looks great..

   I walk away, go in the house.

   Something struck me, as odd, I turn to look outside and realized.....

   What in the **** did I buy this
rain gauge for???   Why in the world did I buy this thing, when,....

   When we never really get any rain????


    Look?, complete and real in the ground, a product that makes no-sense in a desert, that it gets rain three times a year, ( in my neighborhood anyway)... Giving in to a product that a store knows that you have to just have, because of a reason that makes no- sense after the fact...


    So when those impulse moments come to you!

    I am of one of the numbers that sympathize and will never ask a question like, "Why in the world did you buy that?" Because truly for that split second, it is in that moment,  a need, needed to be met... 

 HA, HA, HA, Just had to share that one!! lol

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain