Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

   Well, I have been waiting all day to get my compost bin and it's still is not here.... 

   Why is it "they" tell you a certain time and it is expected that we are to wait on them. If we are to dictate a time to "them",  it is unreasonable...

   Oh Well! I hope to give you the compost bin update tomorrow..

Hot Mess of compost!













  **Heat Advisory**

Excess heat warning is in effect until Thursday night!
112 degrees. It's drink a lot of water time!



Jasmine..


   For years, this plant just stayed in the pot that it is in now! I have had this plant for about 6 years, it wouldn't flower, it wouldn't have new growth, nothing, nada, zilch..

   But this past summer, It has nothing but blooms on top of blooms. It's beautiful.. It sits next to my jalapeno pepper plant.

   They must have a "thing" together!

   I think that with the bee population and  the extra time I have been spending in the yard makes a big difference,  It likes the company... (tell you a secret, so do I)...




   Front Yard Planning!

   I went to my local hardware store today, and I was looking at things that would be part of my front yard gardening, I came across these big pots that were very big and glossy and light weight, to use, for like 20.00 buck a piece. I think that I will get those. They happen to be on sale so I think It is a must get anyway.

   I have three places out front to use them in...

  The first place I want to use them is here..


   Right here, underneath the window ledge and to the side of it..

The second spot is here...
 



   In this spot, next to that bush or unless, I yank that bush out first..    It really is a nuisance more so than a pretty, bush.. It is an Oleander, It doesn't even really flower nicely, it's a bit shabby actually.. so that might be  the spot to put the container then...

    My worst battles will be the heat in the summer for it is the hottest area and the wind, we get the winds usually in April and October,  it really dries things out! I don't have much of a wind break out front... So I really need to do my research on what will work best to put in those pots...

 There are a couple of other things I want to add to the yard, but I am waiting to let the yard present what it would like me to put in it!

 Yes! I know maybe it sounds silly, but if I listen to it, I'm not fighting with it.. well like I used to, anyway...

Off to hurry up and wait for that compost bin.... (How irritating!!!! Yes, I have the ugly face on right now!!!)

  *** patience, patience, patience.... just keep repeating that to myself and all will be fine!***

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain