Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Friday, August 12, 2011

Reflections of Tangent!

    Since, tangent is in a lull, and I have reading to catch up on. Some of my favorite blogs have great topics and thought I would do a little bit of reflection writing.


   One topic, was how to harvest basil, I touched based with that awhile back, but thanks to The Herb Gardener... she has a extremely informative article that is helpful to those "greenhorns" like me.



   Another favorite blog, Ebullient Gardener has the same schedule as I have, school starting for my teenager, having to get back in the swing of things. And I, as well, trying to get back at it from a vacation from work..

   Some Like Me So Thorny, are talking about certain wildlife which I have an affinity for (squirrels) but do not live in an area where I can watch their antics anymore.  Although I do love watching the bird life that goes on in my yard now...
Hummers and doves,





then of course a few of the birds that I encounter every now and then, that are hilarious. For example aka. Mr. Meanie" the thrasher.. 
   


   There is a term called "the floppies", that of course another favorite blog is talking about. It, to me, seems to refer to flowers (that I love but don't have them in my yard), Black-eyed Susan, and a couple of other types, seems to mean that it's time to tidy up and dead head, Well of course, I would do so if I had that chore, but my chores are more of the weeds, weeds and more weeds..

    I am quite a hater when it comes to all the gardens that are producing great harvests, but yet I did too get a great harvest of veggies, my tomatoes, and basil for instance,


   I have learned a few things too, and experimented, success? some ! New thoughts are forming a I type.
I still have, Mrs. Frankenstein to create still and and Frank Jr. too...

I have some plum seed sto play with and Jujube seeds to try...

   My bird house gourds have a mind of it's own, and as well as the pumpkin...


 Also what about the insect activity that kept everyone so occupied??? Like, the praying mantis!
 And the this juicy caterpillar,
  The black bird had it's way with this one... (eeeww!)



   To sum up my reflection, maybe "tangent" being  in a lull for the dog days of summer, is a good thing for the moment.. Not only does it make me think of the magick of what awaits me, but the magick of not pushing the garden master pieces that there is to come..

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain