Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Monday, August 1, 2011

It rained last night!! Really!

Before the dusty Rainbow!!
   Rain, Rain, Rain,    Rain all the night through... (Well not really But...)
 
     Last night, it finally rained... Yea!! wahoooo!

    You see, my house is located, centered, pointed, however you want to think it, right smack dab in the middle of a lull. No matter where the rain, storm, any type of weather of substantial need is coming from, we are not considered by mother nature to be deserving. Last night was "like" the third time, we were considered to get  a good rain..
    
     Thank You Mother Nature...  My garden loved it. All the plants were washed off, the ground is soaked in with great nutrients...
   
     Another Haboob was reported, but I didn't see it.. This could be the before picture of it... a dusty rainbow, before the rain..

Just before the rains....


     It is a great day..   Humid as all get out!! (today)


Compost Bins
  

   This morning I called my utility company, and joined the backyard composting program... Tomorrow I will be receiving my bin. It is an old recycled trash barrel, that was modified into a compost bin..

   Now it is on loan, and I do have to give it back, if or, when I move. So finding out about those composting bins are still a need of mine..

    But that "Hot Mess Of  Mine" will be cleaned up completely.... Hooray!!!


   Look who is visiting, the pair of Abert Towhee were making themselves at home hopping about checking in through out my areas for things to eat, bugs seed and well, what have ya!  This one was hopping about on my compost pile..

Abert Towhee!
They routinely come and visit, They are so cute. You should see how they hop a dance, then eat whatever they find..   I hope they keep coming. I love seeing them..


 Veggie contemplation almost complete!

    The tomatoes were pulled and I'm now amending the soil, and the area is being cleaned up...
Missing tomatoes!!!
    I think that I will plant cabbage, and in October,  it is said that, I can plant tomatoes again, (?) So I guess I will see if the the local stores will have them for sale.. Spinach and carrots, broccoli and leeks maybe, will be an added to the garden.. How fun! I've never tried growing them, so I will see!!!


Introducing My New Guests!!!
   

Thought that I would share my new guests!!!



 Meet my new Gnomes, they decided to stay, and liked being by the bird bath..  I don't know their names yet! But I'm sure they will tell me, sooner than later... (haha)

Pepper Plants
Jalapeno Flower!!

Jalapenos!!!!
  I have a Jalapeno Pepper Plant, it is still producing, not as much as it was, but I am still getting more..
Tons of flowers are on my plant and well, I'll be making some Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos soon, mmm!! Can't wait!!!

Update:  My Thai Chili, and Unhappy Habanero,Well,  they did NOT survive.. I will be putting them in the big compost pile... regards to my chili's....  (sigh!!!)



Compost Bins Pictures Tomorrow!!!  Can't wait....



 

     

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain