Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Thursday, August 25, 2011

M.I.A. Much?

    Boy! I have certainly been out of it lately! All I have been doing really, is just watering... Not giving my garden much attention... (capital MY BAD!)
    I go out this evening to see everything in the garden. I was astonished of what it looked liked.. (not so great, but could have been worse...) 

    First, My makeshift screen had the major "floppies" again!!! Wow, like I said before, it is a true live and learn moment!

Then!!!!
    My Gourds had an APHID infestation!!! ahhhh!!! I am so proud of my Gourds!!!! and I let this happen!!

SHAME ON ME!!!

    I figure I should go through all areas of my garden, I'm cruising along and I come to my pumpkins.... 

   OMG!!! They have an infestation too!!!!  I spent a nice really hot 45 minutes in the heat (did I mention that!) spraying each and every leaf with the water hose to remove most of these crazy despicable pests from my sight!

   I still haven't been out to turn my compost  or dig the beds and put any compost in the beds... I have weeds still coming out of my ears (well, not really!) but every where they can pop up at!

   The pepper plants and basil are very happy, and so is the eggplant which, Guess Who will be having Fried Eggplant this week-end!?!?!?!!!
  
I will!!!


   I had recently bought an Orchid, I have done two watering's, and just recently did what "it" said to do, clip the two stems that had the spent flowers on them, so that more could possibly sprout! Then did it's first feeding! So far, so good! I have an orchid that is still living... YEA!!!


    My avocado seeds are in water and there is no change, just pits!!! (still) waiting, waiting, waiting,....



   My Garlic Chives are showing themselves off right now, Look at how happy they are..


   I thought,  I read somewhere, the Allium family should not be planted next to the peppers?  I did this way before I read anything about that!

   Now I have this.... peppers and garlic chives together planted like companions, they are playing together nicely so far! They both look good! The true reason is still a bit of mystery, though... (well to me)  I guess some reading up is in order this week-end, on top of things (as my list seems to be out of control....)
 
  Weather


    Look Mother Nature played another joke on us, ha-ha-ha!


   The fuzzy looking clouds,... looks like rain, Thought we would get something or other, but no not really!

 
*Heat advisory has been in effect for the past three days, tonight 8:00 p.m... It is to end,

     (really? It doesn't seem to want to end,)

    The temperatures have been up there and very exhausting, you step outside to get to your car, just to be greeted by the oven (car) that is so happy to cook you as to take you were you need to go.

          Elevated temps...

108 to 114 degrees, (and some people aren't thinking of how dangerous this really is...)

   Please stay cool and keep yourself hydrated, if you know of people and pets that are in need, be kind and check on them...

  ** Thinking of the people that are in the middle of Hurricane Irene... best hopes for them **


By the way,    

Happy B-day Husband!!!

Chocolate Cherry Cake this week-end,
can't wait....

(it was actually yesterday!)

So it's belated....

  

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain