Tangent Gardening "Extras"

Urban Gardening in unnatural heat... Why Not?

Tuesday, August 23, 2011



   Well, I waited to long to taste the Basil Jelly!

BECAUSE


 It was AMAZING!!!!

    I have never tasted anything like it before.... I took a jar to work with me, all who tasted it,
 really liked it, they really liked... okay, okay!
jus' kiddin....

But they did! lol! ha-ha-ha!


Needless to say, I will be making this again possibly this week-end....


Out with the old and in with the new space!!!!!

   I was agonizing (ok not really)  well some, on what to plant where the cucumbers were... and the thought isssss
(drummm rolllll)


  






   I think carrots and this one type of squash..
It's called Early White Bush Scallop...







   I have never tried this plant before and if there are some pointers out there I would love to hear them...!!!

They look beautiful and fun to grow... 




Update of the Birdhouse Gourds!!

    Do you see what I see, how cool is
that????

  I think, me eyes, sees a Bird House Gourd commin.... !!!!!



     Wahooooo! (secretly doing the bird house dance)....


Bug Business

   Look who I Found in the Garden, Taking Care of Business, Every Day... ok! singing in my head out loud...

But pretty cool non-the-less...
Dinner!!! It had a fly, and was very stingy too...It wouldn't share with it's boyfriend

Boy friend, was patrolling the leafy home, while girlfriend was dinning.

   He was getting kind of frisky with girlfriend, but she wasn't having any of that... especially while dinner was on... She told him off and just about made lunch of him, he then went running off to patrol.

I believe they are called assassin bugs.


 The great Hitchcock, REPEAT! well, "Close call!!" (not really HA-HA-Ha!!!)

   So I totally ran out of bird feed, and I swear, I had like thirty birds, just on the fence, alone, waiting to  be fed this morning... 

I really think if I stepped out there, without food, there might have been a scene of complete Eye Pecking competition happening.. They were some hungry lookin' birds.. Just so, I didn't have to experience the competition first hand tomorrow, I ran out this afternoon and got some for the" Little Dears", NOT!!!

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain